Summary: Free software utilities offered by Logiciels & Services Duhem (www.macdisk.com). We hope you'll find something usefull for you.
We offer on this site several utilities, that is, little software pieces which fulfill some basic needs often ignored in the tools we use regularly. Those utilities are offered as is, without any responsability for us. Please check that they correspond to what you need. They are free for a personal, non commercial use. Please contact us if you want to use them in a professional or corporate framework.
- QT-Flattener (length 841 032 bytes), 32-bit Windows utility to "flatten" QuickTime movies. We also propose a 32-bit console version (length 97 117 bytes) to run in a batch file. To get more information, visit our page on QuickTime files.
- Hybridator (length 104 465 bytes), utility to create/manage HFS images (32-bit version for Windows 95/98/NT only). Please note that our program Hybridator can only work from an existing HFS (Macintosh) medium, which is copied in whole. If you want to modify something in the Macintosh volume, or if you want to build a Macintosh (HFS) CD-ROM from scratch with files stored on MS-DOS or NTFS disks, see MacDisk and MacImage.
To get more information on this context, please visit our pages on Macintosh CD-ROMs. We also present on this site a series of walkthroughs showing several methods to make Macintosh (pure HFS and HFS/ISO hybrid) CD-ROMs.
- DCS-Edit (length 36 486 bytes), utility for editing the file names in a DCS fileset (32-bit only). DCS filesets are EPS files produced in Photoshop. Those files store in separate files the CMYK color separations. The master file can also store a clipping path. It may be useful to correct the links from the master file to the color seps. For more information, see our page on Photoshop.
- MacBinary (length 112 115 bytes), an utility to manage (produce/strip the special header) MacBinary files on the PC (see our page on the MacBinary format for further information).
- DumpScsi (length 20 185 bytes), utility to make raw dumps from SCSI devices. The program displays some hints on its usage when launched without arguments.
- DeBinHex (length 52 108 bytes), utility to convert "binhexed" files. See our page on the BinHex Format for more information. See also our utility MacMail for more information on Macintosh files sent attached to e-mail messages.
- Post-Gap, an utility to add to an image the 150 empty sectors forming the post gap and required by the standard. Some CD-ROM burning software (like Nero) don't add this post gap automatically. Others (EZCD) add a post gap which can be too short (140 instead of 150 sectors).
- T2A (length 51 436 bytes), utility to convert text (Macintosh Ascii) to Ascii (MS-DOS) or Ansi (Windows).
- CD-XRay, a low-level explorer to display the innards of CD-ROMs, and DVD-ROMs.
- Disk-XRay, a low-level explorer to display the innards of classic disks.
- File-XRay, a low-level explorer to display the innards of data files and image files.
Logiciels & Services Duhem
3, rue Pierre Haret - F-75009 Paris (France) - Tel. (+33) 149 700 455 - SIRET 381 149 996 00047 - EEC VAT FR32 381 149 996
email: sales (at) macdisk.com — web: http://www.macdisk.com